SWCIL is dedicated to serving Veterans and offers the following community-based services for Veterans and their families:
- Information and Referral - Available to anyone interested in securing disability related information or in accessing an appropriate resource referral. General information available through the Center represents local, regional, statewide, and national resources.
Services available for individuals (often provided at the individualÔÇÖs residence):
- Advocacy (Individual and Systems) - Provided on an individual, community, and systems level. Consumers can request training/assistance in advocating for specific needs or services.
- Independent Living Skills Training - Designed to assist in developing or enhancing personal daily living skills to attain or maintain the desired level of independent functioning. These may include:
- Budgeting/ Financial Management
- Job Search and Interviewing Skills
- Obtaining & Maintaining Employment
- Records Management
- Assistance Locating Housing
- Assistance┬áLocating Community Resources
- Personal Growth/ Social Skills/ Leisure Time Use
- Social Security Applications & Appeals - Due to the volume of requests SWCIL receives for assistance in this area, please contact our office at 1-800-422-1485 or 507-532-2221 for details on this service.
These services are not a replacement for benefits that a Veteran may qualify for from the US Department of Veteran Affairs, state Veteran services, programs offered by their respective units and those offered by agencies affiliated with federal or state Veteran programs.